Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Blog#1

Question#1: Think about this field of wildflowers as a metaphor for a classroom of children. How does your perspective of the picture change as you look for the uniqueness?

Answer: As I see this picture I see many different colors and types of flowers. I feel like that is how my classroom will be when I become a teacher. I will have so many different cultures and so many different styles of behavior and that is what make my class unique. I will love them regardless. I also can see that each student will either grow quick or have trouble growing and that is where I come and adapt my technique to help them.
I now that they all come with so many different color and I don't mean color as in the skin but as in the personality because they call are unique to themselves and that is what makes them who they are.

Question#2:
1a. On page 10 of this reading assignment, Tomlinson states that “teachers who are willing to establish ties with students discover new depths of truth each day...” What does this mean to you?

Answer: I feel like it means that everyday as they learn we are learning and that shows us that we are connecting to their needs. We are helping them learn new things and also adapting to their needs so they can be successful. If you "establish a ties" to me that means that you saw something that worked for them and that is how you connect to them. When you "discover new depths of truth each day" means that something you did to help that child work so its a new technique to use.
I really enjoyed this chapter because it really showed me how important it is to teach from the heart and adapt it to their needs. There was a quote that I heard that talks about how you should teach to them not through them and I feel like that is what differentiation means.

1 comment:

  1. Connecting so you can teach "to them not through them" is an important idea in light of the variety you anticipate in your classroom.

    ReplyDelete